The example code would be

Code: Select all
main←{(⍵⍴⍺)foo ll.Each⍳⍵}

∇ Z←X foo Y
 #.⎕CY'C:\Users\Mark\Jupyter\threads'
 #.⎕PATH←'#'
 Z←X bar Y

bar←{⍺×⍵}

Namespaces are DRC, isolate and ll. I run the example "3 main 4" and get back 3 6 9 12. No threads are running other than the main thread (Threads/Show Threads). Processes under task manager though show four Runtime instances of Dyalog using CPU plus the Development instance.

Trying "4 main 5" hangs until I get the TIMEOUT error. I still see only one APL thread and the four Runtime processes continue to use around 20% CPU.

When I Exit the interpreter, the four Runtime process instances continue to run and need to be killed. I've made sure the WS the isolates load is identical to the one I am running the test on.

Hope that's enough information...
mfleming

Re: Working with isolates and namespaces

Postby Morten|Dyalog on Mon May 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Are you saying that the workspace that you are copying contains DRC and isolate (the contents of the isolate workspace)? In that case, you are overwriting Conga and the isolate framework which is currently running. I can well imagine that causing all sorts of problems...
Morten|Dyalog

Re: Working with isolates and namespaces

Postby mfleming on Mon May 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Why, yes. Yes it would! I should obviously have done a 'bar'#.⎕CY'path and name' to get the function I needed copied into the isolate namespace.

With that now working, I'll see what performance improvements can be made with distributing the computation across four CPU's.

Thanks for the insights,
~Mark
mfleming

Previous

Return to Language