MS2.1 with Dyalog APL 15.0 shows a few warnings at startup

MiServer is Dyalog's APL-based web development framework

MS2.1 with Dyalog APL 15.0 shows a few warnings at startup

Postby woody on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:37 am

Greetings.

I installed the latest MiServer MS 2.1 from Github last week.. and it works fine. No issues.

However, I just now got it working on a test server running Dyalog 15.0 (the 1st release that has not been patched yet).

When I start MS2.1 under Dyalog 15.0, I see the warning/error messages below .... and this does NOT happen with Dyalog 14.

Should I just update Dyalog 15.0 to the most current version ?

Or are these errors for some other reason?

Thanks!

//W

line(184,18) : error AC0527: invalid base class or interface declaration " :Class Page : basePage"
^
line(184,19) : error AC0528: only interfaces can be declared after the base class " :Class Page : basePage"
^
line(200,20) : error AC0527: invalid base class or interface declaration " :Class Dialog : basePage"
^
line(200,21) : error AC0528: only interfaces can be declared after the base class " :Class Dialog : basePage"
^
line(309,20) : error AC0527: invalid base class or interface declaration " :Class Header : pageAnnotation"
^
line(309,21) : error AC0528: only interfaces can be declared after the base class " :Class Header : pageAnnotation"
^
line(330,20) : error AC0527: invalid base class or interface declaration " :Class Footer : pageAnnotation"
^
line(330,21) : error AC0528: only interfaces can be declared after the base class " :Class Footer : pageAnnotation"
^
Complete: 8 errors.

Woodley Butler
Automatonics, Inc.
"Find your head in the APL Cloud"
http://www.APLcloud.com
woody

Re: MS2.1 with Dyalog APL 15.0 shows a few warnings at start

Postby Brian|Dyalog on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:53 am

Hi Woody,

I'm able to start MiServer 2.1 with versions 14 and 15 without any problems.
So, yes, the first thing I would do if I was you would be to update to the latest patch level.

The messages are being generated as MiServer is trying to load the file /Utils/JQM.dyalog which contains a prototype of an interface to jQueryMobile. You can verify that the messages are coming from this file by using the ]load user command.
      ]load path-to-your-MiServer/Utils/JQM

It's unlikely that you have any code that's using anything in JQM, so you could just delete it.

What's curious is that the JQM file is self-contained in that it has all of the necessary classes and interfaces to load and the messages indicate that the basePage and pageAnnotation classes aren't found, yet they are defined within the file. So, I'm left to conclude that either you have a modified version of the file, or your interpreter needs to be updated. If you still get the messages after updating, let me know!

I hope this helps!
/Brian
Brian|Dyalog

Re: MS2.1 with Dyalog APL 15.0 shows a few warnings at start

Postby woody on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:26 am

Thanks for the tip, Brian !

Yes.. I used ]LOAD and I see the errors

(Note: Might be nice if the MiServer pop-up error messages referenced the offending NameSpace by name... else, how would we know?)

But, once I knew the issue was loading JQM.dyalog ... it all made sense.

MiServer for "APLROOT" started on port: 8011
Stop
MiServer stopped.

]load C:\Users\8011\MiServerV25-APLscriptV3-8011/Utils/JQM

*** Could not bring in <C:\Users\8011\MiServerV25-APLscriptV3-8011\Utils\JQM.dyalog>: DOMAIN ERROR
)clear
clear ws

]load C:\Users\8011\MiServerV25-APLscriptV3-8011/Utils/JQM
*** Could not bring in <C:\Users\8011\MiServerV25-APLscriptV3-8011\Utils\JQM.dyalog>: DOMAIN ERROR[/b]

I REMOVED the JQM.dyalog namespace file out of /UTILS...
and the popup errors are GONE !

Thanks again!

//W
Woodley Butler
Automatonics, Inc.
"Find your head in the APL Cloud"
http://www.APLcloud.com
woody

Return to MiServer