Dyalog Version 18.0 Issue 2 Released

Announcements about conferences, forthcoming meetings etc.
Forum rules
This forum is for listing forthcoming meetings, conferences and any other sort of APL-related events.

Dyalog Version 18.0 Issue 2 Released

Postby Karen|Dyalog on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:28 am

Dyalog Version 18.0 Issue 2 is now available under Microsoft Windows, Linux (including the Raspberry Pi), Apple macOS and AIX. You can now also download 18.0-based Docker containers. Issue 2 contains fixes for a small number of critical bugs, as well as some enhancements.

Dyalog strongly recommends that you download these new images and install them (in the case of Windows, you must uninstall your current 18.0 first and reboot).

More information and details of how to download the software can be found in the news article about 18.0 Issue 2 on https://www.dyalog.com/news.htm.
Karen|Dyalog

Re: Dyalog Version 18.0 Issue 2 Released

Postby Phil Last on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:54 am

I'm always loth to download and reinstall new images of versions of Dyalog I already have because configuring them is such a chore.

Under windows I could use regedit to export the requisite portion of the registry and reimport it after reinstallation but I always worry that in doing so I might overwrite or lose some new feature that the issue has introduced aside from the defaults that I regularly wish to change, averaging one or two items on each tab of the config dialog.

Is Dyalog any nearer to producing a method to make this process any easier and/or safer? I seem to recall some hint that such might be on the way at some time.
Phil Last

Re: Dyalog Version 18.0 Issue 2 Released

Postby Vince|Dyalog on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:42 am

Hi Phil,

I have posted a FAQ entry which contains what I sent you by email here:

Windows: transfer settings from one version to another
https://forums.dyalog.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1682&p=6603#p6603

Regards,

Vince
Vince|Dyalog

Return to Announcements