Windows 10

APL-related discussions - a stream of APL consciousness.
Not sure where to start a discussion ? Here's the place to be
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing APL-related issues. If you think that the subject is off-topic, then the Chat forum is probably a better place for your thoughts !

Windows 10

Postby HSeguin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi,

Is Dyalog 14 compatible with Windows 10?

Thanks
HSeguin

Re: Windows 10

Postby AndyS|Dyalog on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:04 am

We haven't formally QA'd this combination yet, but at least one developer has been running Windows 10 for a while.

Our usual approach to new versions of operating systems is to treat all reports of incompatibilites as bugs and treat them as such. That means that we will issue fixes or enhancements to supported versions provided that the changes are not so significant that we consider the impact or risk too great for a patch.
AndyS|Dyalog

Re: Windows 10

Postby Dick Bowman on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Nothing formal here, and no guarantees given, but...

I've had Dyalog running off and on with Windows10 since installing the W10 Tech Preview on a laptop in October 2014 - no issues.

Installed Windows10 on my main PC early last week and just started running APLets (Dyalog 14.1 Unicode 64-bit). Haven't run into any issues; there's GUI (Dyalog Native and WPF, .NET calls, SQAPL, component/native file read/write, some webscraping, scheduled tasks, even a dyadic transpose or two. Only thing I don't do is MiServer (too fashionable for me). All running fine - took no precautions, just jumped in.
Visit http://apl.dickbowman.com to read more from Dick Bowman
Dick Bowman

Return to APL Chat