PropertyPage Events

Using (or providing) components based on the "Win32" framework

PropertyPage Events

Postby MikeBa on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Perhaps I misunderstand the behaviour of 'PropertySheet' under the Windows GUI, but there seems to be a problem with the OK button. On my system (13.2 32bit), clicking the OK button generates a 'PageDeactivate' event (so does clicking on another page tab) in the 'PropertyPage'. There is a 'PageCancel' event defined, so I would also expect to find a 'PageOK' event. In fact, the events signalling selection of the OK, Cancel, Apply & Help buttons would all seem more at home as 'PropertySheet' events 'SheetOK' etc., rather than 'PropertyPage' events.

I can workaround it for now, but it is a bit messy.
Or is it me?
MikeBa

Re: PropertyPage Events

Postby Vince|Dyalog on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:40 am

Hi MikeBa,

It is a little confusing.

Here is what happens:

If you hit the OK button, you will get a PageDeactivate event on the PropertyPage and a Close event on the PropertySheet.

If you hit the OK button and something has changed (such as the user has typed in an edit field or pushed a button), you will get PageDeactivate and PageApply events on the PropertyPage, and a Close event on the PropertySheet.

If you hit the cancel button or the X button, you will get a PageCancel on the PropertyPage and a Close event on the PropertySheet.

Regards,

Vince
Vince|Dyalog

Re: PropertyPage Events

Postby MikeBa on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks Vince,

To me it just seems plain wrong, but I guess it's been that way for a couple of decades so changing it now would be too disruptive.
MikeBa

Return to Windows: GUI, COM/OLE/ActiveX