32 Bit Dyalog SQAPL under 64 Bit Windows 7

Using (or providing) components based on the "Win32" framework

32 Bit Dyalog SQAPL under 64 Bit Windows 7

Postby uwejanza on Wed May 11, 2011 3:32 pm

When trying to run Dyalog 12.0 32 Bit Unicode SQAPL under 64 Bit Windows 7 using ODBC data sources, it is necessary to create data sources that are explicitly made for 32 bit access. When trying to access a DSN created by means of the Windows 7 (64-bit) standard ODBC admin console of the OS, I got
error[ im014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Some hint in the internet pointed out that I should use the 32 bit version of the ODBC admin console ODBCAD32.EXE.
So I entered the file name ODBCAD32.EXE into the windows menu's search field, and a link to a file named ODBCAD32.EXE was offered.

Unfortunately, there are two different executable files named ODBCAD32.EXE under 64 bit Windows 7. The one creating 64 bit data sources is %WINDIR%\System32\odbcad32.exe. I spite of all the 32's in the program's name and path, DSNs created by means of this executable do not work with 32 bit SQAPL.

The program version that creates 32 bit data sources is %WINDIR%\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe. DSNs created by means of this executable can be accessed from Dyalog 32 Bit Unicode SQAPL.
uwejanza

Return to Windows: GUI, COM/OLE/ActiveX