change of an excel workbook

Using (or providing) components based on the "Win32" framework

change of an excel workbook

Postby Siegfried.Nolte on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:38 pm

When I change an excel workbook as outlined on page 37 of the Dyalog booklet "OO Programming for APL Programmers" I am getting a syntax error as shown on the attached picture. I used that type of code for a long time with Dyalog 12 and Win7. The error occured first (without any apparent changes in the system) on July 25, 2010. On another PC with with Win XP and Dyalog 11 the function is running fine. But when I install Dyalog 12 I have the same problem.
Attachments
Ole-Error.jpg
Ole-Error.jpg (151.93 KiB) Viewed 6680 times
Siegfried.Nolte

Re: change of an excel workbook

Postby Vince|Dyalog on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 am

Hi Siegfried,

I'm sorry that we have not replied to your forum posting--it slipped through the net.

I have tried to get the syntax error that you are experiencing but I have not been able to. The code is working for me in Dyalog 12.

What is the Build ID of your Dyalog 12 Classic? You can get this by looking at Help/About or by executing
+2 ⎕NQ '.' 'GetBuildID'
in the session.

Which version of Excel do you use?

In your Dyalog version 12, what value do you get for ⎕WX?

Let us try to cutdown on any potential differences in our setups. If you create a brand new excel worksheet and type in some values, and also run with our supplied ExcelWorkbook workspace, do you get the problem with this as well?

Regards,

Vince
Vince|Dyalog

Return to Windows: GUI, COM/OLE/ActiveX