Question regarding closing GUI objects

Writing and using Classes in Dyalog APL

Question regarding closing GUI objects

Postby Erik.Friis on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:28 am

If I have code running using a GUI object and I close the grid for example by clicking on the "x", my code crashes and a debug window comes up in the class where the error occurred. If I then click on "methods" to the left, the entire debug window disappears!
Erik.Friis

Re: Question regarding closing GUI objects

Postby Morten|Dyalog on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:33 am

I have taken the libery of changing the subject to something which narrows things down a little bit. However, without a bit more context it is difficult to say what might be happening. Can you tell us more about your class. For example, is it something that derives from one of the built-in GUI classes?
Morten|Dyalog

Postby Erik.Friis on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Sure Morten - sorry, I wasn't sure how you wanted me to report reproduceable bugs. My class inherits the 'Grid' object and then when I close the grid while the code is running (I have no graceful way to handle this event yet), my code crashed with a VALUE ERROR on ColTitles (which is expected) and I'm put into the debugger (which is expected), but if I click on Properties, Methods, et al. on the lefthand side of the window, the whole debug window disappears (which was not expected or desired).

By the way I have many suggestions, as I work, for improving things within the IDE - where is the best place to post these suggestions?
Erik.Friis

Postby Erik.Friis on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:25 pm

By the way, would it be possible to add a spell check option to these forums (or is there one that I am missing)? I'd prefer something that highlights a word immediately when it is spelled wrong (like in MS Word) if that is possible. Otherwise a SpellCheck button would be a big help.
Erik.Friis

Postby Morten|Dyalog on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:48 pm

The best way to report bugs, and to propose enhancements, is to send an e-mail to support@dyalog.com. It makes sense to post to the Forum if you think the problem that you are reporting is of genereal interest, or if you think other users might have the answer. Or if you think you would like to make a suggestion for an enhancement but would like to discuss options with other users first.

Sometimes, the support team will post a new item in the "Frequently Asked Questions" section, if they think the resolution of a problem is likely to be of general interest.

If you have an example which reproduces your problem, I would very much appreciate it if you could send this to support@dyalog.com so we can understand exactly how this is going wrong.
Morten|Dyalog

Return to Object Oriented Programming