Core Dumps in 12.1

Writing and using Classes in Dyalog APL

Core Dumps in 12.1

Postby Erik.Friis on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:06 pm

In developing an OO system in version 12.1 I seem to encounter my fair share of core dumps when fixing classes and encountering run-time errors. 13.0 does seem to be more stable from what I can tell - though i have shyed from it's use because we do not have 13.0 installed at work and I am essentially working on a demo WS that's work related. Is there an interest in any of the core files from 12.1 or are we only interested in cores from 13.0 now?
Erik.Friis

Re: Core Dumps in 12.1

Postby AndyS|Dyalog on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:43 pm

For a long time Dyalog's policy has been and still is to fully support the current version and the previous two. That now means 13.0, 12.1 and 12.0.

We will consider bug fixes for V11.0 too.

If you'd care to send details of the core dumps to support@dyalog.com, including details of the BuildID and APLVersion of the interpreter that generated the core dump, then we'll take a look and see what can be done. If you are able to supply us with a repro, then so much the better - a core dump shows us the state of the workspace at the point when the interpreter crashed, but in many cases the problem occurred at an earlier point in the proceedings; a repro is more likely to result in a fix as we can trace the code and far more easily spot the underlying cause ..
AndyS|Dyalog

Return to Object Oriented Programming