SharpPlot graph into a Windows Form

General APL language issues

Re: SharpPlot graph into a Windows Form

Postby Nicolas|Dyalog on Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:36 pm

I'd need more specific descriptions of the problems to address them.

- "The bitmap pixels do not scale into screen pixels"
I don't understand this sentence. It seems to have a lot of underlying assumptions. Can you describe the incorrect behaviour and the expected correct behaviour, in terms of chart coordinates and screen pixels, and so that I can attempt to reproduce it on my machine ? Not sure what you mean by bitmap at that point.

- AA is lost : I can't reproduce this. There certainly is anti-aliasing on my repro.
If you complain about XAML rendering differently, as in the previous post, then I suspect there is little I can do because these differences in aspect come from the underlying windows engines (bitmap VS metafile VS XAML and GDI VS GDI+). In the same way that I cannot do anything about SVG engines rendering SVG differently. And in the screenshot that you posted, AA is not lost : it is just done differently. However if you send me a repro I can inspect it to see if by accident SharpPlot is not making a difference when rendering in XAML versus rendering in a Form, like using a different font weight (which is what the screenshot suggests)

Finally : if you find XAML superior, why don't you simply use that ?
Nicolas|Dyalog

Previous

Return to Language